Dr. Vicki Rackner
Here are some questions that might get the ball rolling:
- What were the holidays like when you were a child? What did you serve for dinner? Who did the dishes?
- What did you get for presents?
- What was it like growing up in your neighborhood?
- Who was the most colorful member of our family? Do we have any relatives we never talk about?
- What’s the proudest moment of your life?
- What’s the naughtiest thing you ever did?
- What concerns kept you up at night?
- What happened when someone got sick? When did you see the doctor? Where? Did he make house calls?
- Who delivered babies?
You can bring out photo albums to jog memories. Be sure to have a video camera ready to capture this priceless experience.
Enjoy the celebration of the gifts you bring to each other. Happy holidays!