We empower family members to assume the caregiving mindset that leads to the best results. We offer tools to help them do their best as they cope with chronic pain, manage chronic illness or face end-of-life care.
Further, we empower health care professionals and eldercare providers to coach family members to caregiving success.
We’re here to support family caregivers– people caring for their aging parents, partners and friends. We want to help infuse families with:
- More love
- More laughter
- More hope.
Family members will find tools to:
- Help their loved one get the best medical care possible.
- Function as an effective family leader.
- Set priorities.
- Build an effective caregiving team
Health care professionals will find resources to invite family caregivers into the treatment team. Caregiver participation means:
- Better compliance
- Better medical outcomes
- Greater satisfaction
Why we do it:
- One out of three households in the US will include a family caregiver this year.
- Family caregivers are an unpaid extension of the health care system.
- Chronic pain impacts up to 50 million Americans.
- Caring for people with chronic medical conditions exacts an emotional toll.
- The ability to respond to a person in pain is a learned life skill with few teachers.
How we do it:
Deliver leadership skills, stress management ideas and tips to build teams by:
- Speaking to family caregivers, eldercare providers and health care professionals
- Serving as an expert on caregiving sites and in the media
- Offering articles and now videos on the Internet
- Writing books.
We help eldercare providers grow their businesses by reaching out to family caregivers.